Not from fossil; It is a colorless, liquid and environmentally friendly fuel additive.
- Bioethanol is a bio-derived fuel obtained as a result of fermentation of starch and cellulose-based raw materials by minimizing the harm and negative effects of petroleum and its derivatives on the environment and human health.
- Bioethanol is a clear, colorless fluid with a characteristic odor. It is a high-octane fuel (113 octan) with a boiling point of 78,5°C, freezing point of -114.1°C, and it has a density of 0.789 gr/ml at 20°C.
- TEZKİM produces 100,000 liters of bioethanol on a daily basis by using corn as raw material.
- In the bioethanol process, production is conducted by meeting the requirements of TS EN 15376 standard.
- In contrast to the fossil fuels, Bioethanol helps to reduce the emissions of harmful gases such as Carbon monoxide (CO) without deteriorating the carbon balance in nature because it is produced from renewable sources.
- Fuel produced from renewable resources reduces foreign dependency and helps the national economy to revive. Besides, it develops new working areas and provides positive effects for increasing employment.
- According to the Board Decision of EMRA in our country, it is compulsory to add 3% ethanol obtained from domestic agricultural products into the fuel. However, bioethanol can be used in internal combustion engines by blending at a ratio of 10% without needing any modifications.